Search

Dark theme | Light theme

August 5, 2008

Total Commander as Explorer replacement

Working with Windows Explorer has always been difficult for me. I was used to Norton Commander back in the days and Midnight Commander when working on Linux. Opening and closing tree nodes just to get anywhere with Explorer is not easy. And then simply copying files from one directory to another is difficult if both directories are not really close to each other. And that is why I use Total Commander. Total Commander makes it easy to open two directories side by side. Copying files from one side to the other is easy. The option to open tabs is very useful, because I tend to have a couple of directories open when working on my code.

Total Commander is shareware, but every upgrade has been free, since I bought a license a couple of years ago. That was money well spent.