Search

Dark theme | Light theme

August 25, 2008

GIMP for all your graphic needs

Developing web applications for me is mostly programming Java code. But sometimes I need to create a image, or change a existing graphic. A couple of years ago I did some pixelart for PixelDam and I tried GIMP. GIMP is a free image manipulation program with a lot of options and tools. And I was impressed with all the options available. With GIMP I can work on images and do almost anything I want or can (of which the latter is mostly the case, because I am not that creative when it comes to graphics).

GIMP is available for multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows. The user interface needs some getting used to, because every image is a separate window on the desktop. The following screenshot show GIMP in action: