Going to Gr8Conf is great! You can meet all the good people that develop those amazing Groovy products and projects. You get to learn a lot during 2 (or 3) days which are packed with very informative presentations. Also the fact that you don't have to worry about the "problems-at-the-office" your mind gets into gear. And for me that always results in a new burst of energy and ideas.
Here is my short list from the conference sessions:
- Do a project with Griffon
- Learn more about Vert.x
- Learn more about Betamax
- Use Geb on projects
And then my mind started to wonder off:
- Create a new site with categorization and search options for the now time-sorted blog posts from Groovy/Grails/Gradle Goodness
- Work on book with Groovy snippets from Groovy Goodness blog posts. Someone mentioned Leanpub, which looks promising.
- Implement Gr8labs.org with real educational material for people to learn Groovy (Grails, Gradle, Spock)
- See if "Koans" can help with Gr8labs. I know there is already a Groovy Koans out there.